Friday, September 12, 2008

friends don't let friends knit drunk!

Seriously, you'd think I'd learn. Every. single. time. I try to do any sort of yarny crafting while under the influence, it turns out horribly. There was the heel flap and heel turn I did on a pair of sock that I completely fucked up due to a lack of reading comprehension even more astounding than that which I normally exhibit, probably because of the half bottle of wine I'd consumed while I did it. There was the unfortunate attempt at cabling on my Twisted Maiden Fingerless gloves I did, also after about half a bottle of wine. My latest is on my Ribbed Lace Bolero, where I had to frog half of the lace section because I insisted on knitting after two beers.

As with my other drunken knitting mishaps, I have absolutley no idea what the hell I did, nor how I was able to knit on, oblivious to it, for another three inches. I blame the negative ease of the fabric so far. At least the lace part goes faster than the ribbing...

No comments:

Post a Comment