Yep, it's that time again! Sitting back for a moment and reflecting back upon the last year. It's been a big one for me -- bought my first house, adopted a couple of beautiful Siamese kittens, got married... It's been a year of milestones for me.
I thought it'd been a big year for me knitwise as well, but I was surprised to learn that I was actually far less productive than I was last year.
--22 total finished projects
--5961 yards of yarn used up
As compared to 2008...
--24 finished projects
--9,979 yards of yarn used up
I'd only finished two more projects in 2008, and for a minute I didn't feel so bad, until I realized that 3 of my 2008 projects were crocheted afghans. Yikes. I blame it on the fact that what with moving into my new house I lost a lot of knitting time. And the fact that I've just been lazy...
1. Keep more organized in all aspects of my life. Need to keep more on top of housework, and keep my knitting and yarn more organized.
2. I need to be far more productive knittingwise. I have several large WIPs I need to get done, and I have some projects I've had planned out forever that I'd like to finish up as well.
3. I want to work through at least half my stash this year. No more buying yarn I don't have a project in mind for, and I'm only allowing myself to buy one skein of yarn for every two I work though from my stash. Realistically, as long as I can get my stash to fit comfortably on its shelf I'll be happy.
4. I want to work on my writing more this year. I want to have my book finished by summer, and ideally have a good chunk of the first in the trilogy rewritten.
5. I want to read more. For some reason I've stopped reading as much as I used to and I really want to get back to that.
Here's to hoping 2010 is even better than last year!