Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fo!

I've been on something of a finishing streak lately. I finished my Saroyan, and my Tardis Cowl.

Saroyan first! I knit it up in Malabrigo Twist in Taureg. Now, my love affair with Malabrigo is a long and happy one. Malabrigo Sock is lovely and soft and drapy. The worsted is soft and fuzzy and warm. But oh, the Twist! It's so soft and squishy and the colors are lovely and I never want to knit with another yarn ever again! I want to make a great big blanket out of it and snuggle underneath it and never come out.

I had some measure of problems with this project. (surprise, surprise, yeah?) Accidentally left this sitting out one night and my stupid cats got ahold of it. Woke up to find yarn all over the floor of the bedroom, yarn leading out into the hall and down the stairs, yarn all over the downstairs of the house. Let me tell you, you don't really comprehend just how much yardage comes in a skein of yarn until you see it all spread out like that. Of course, then came the epic detangling session, during with Yarneater and Kleptocat continued to try to make off with it.

Because they'd eaten part of it, my estimations for when I needed to start the decreases were off and I ran out of yarn two repeats early. But I threw in some extra decreases then bound off early and the difference between the two ends is hardly noticeable when it's worn, so I'm satisfied.



I can't wait until it gets cool enough to wear it. It's way too heavy to get away with wearing now. Sigh.

Then I also finished my Tardis Cowl. I was a bit nervous to knit a cowl. I'd never made one before and wasn't sure if it was something I'd actually wear. Now that I've finished it, I'm so in love with it. Knit up in Malabrigo Sock in Persia. The buttons I bought came from Natural Stitches here in Pittsburgh.



Now I'm working on my silk shawl made in bribe yarn. It's so lovely, and I wish I could afford to knit in silk all the time. Knitting it on Knitpicks Options is something of a recipe for insanity, but I'm managing, and the finished shawl (so far) is well worth a little effort. Mmmm, silk.

2 comments:

  1. I kept on wanting to call the wrap the TARDIS project while I was reading, due to the wonderful blue. Did you get the Malabrigo in Pitt? Everybody loves it so much, I really want to see it in person. I have friends there that I want to visit, and I should really plan a LYS hop around them! Kudos on surviving the cat attack, it looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! If you ever get around to visiting Pittsburgh, I'd highly recommend hitting up Natural Stitches. It's my LYS of choice here in Pitt. Staff is lovely, selection is fantastic. They have a WALL OF CASCADE 220. Seriously, a whole wall with every. single. color. of Cascade. It's incredible.

    ReplyDelete